09 Jul Veggie Sausageless Rolls
Posted at 09:42h in Batch Cooking, Dinner, Family Friendly, Freezer Friendly, Irish, Lunch, Post Workout Dinner, Post Workout Lunch, Snacks, Vegetarian 0 Comments
Veggie Sausageless Rolls
The perfect picnic food – simple to make, delicious to eat!
Servings: 22 pieces
- 320 g puff pastry ready-made rolled pastry sheet is perfect
- ½ onion
- 400 g chickpeas (tinned) 1 tin, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot
- 1.2 g fresh thyme chopped, ½ tbsp
- 3 g fresh parsley chopped, 1 tbsp
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 2 egg 1 to be used as egg wash
- sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- 6 g sesame seed 2 tsp
- Remove pastry from freezer and allow to defrost fully.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Add onion to food processor and pulse to chop. Add to a large bowl. Add chickpeas, carrot, thyme and parsley to the processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add to the bowl along with the onion.
- Now add the garam masala, turmeric, paprika, coriander and 1 egg to the bowl. Season well with sea salt and black pepper. Mix everything together well.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in half (lengthways so you'll end up with two long pieces of pastry). Add the chickpea mixture in a long line down the length of each pastry half. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the chickpea mixture. Add a little water along the pastry edge and roll the pastry over to seal.
- Cut your large rolls into smaller rolls and add to a lined baking tray.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining egg (lightly beaten) and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you have some of the chickpea mixture leftover – you could make extra veggie sausageless rolls for the freezer. Freeze once assembled and before cooking.
- Otherwise, the leftover mixture can be used as burger patties and will make a delicious lunch or dinner.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg