09 Nov Santa’s Chocolate Orange Cookies
Posted at 12:44h in Baking, Christmas, Dessert, Family Friendly, Irish, Quick & Easy, Snacks 0 Comments
Santa’s Chocolate Orange Cookie
The perfect combination of chocolate and orange…Topped with a zesty chia seed jam!
Servings: 12 cookies
Chia Seed Jam
- 250 g frozen mixed berries defrosted
- ½ orange juiced
- 30 ml maple syrup 2 tbsp
- 20 g chia seed 2 tbsp
Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 140 g peanut butter or any nut butter
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 5 ml vanilla extract 1 tsp
- ½ orange juiced
- 120 g ground almond
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 25 g cacao powder
- desiccated coconut for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- To make the jam, add the mixed berries and orange juice to a blender and blend until runny. Add the maple syrup and chia seed – whizz up. Let it rest for a minute, then blend again. It will thicken as it rests. Transfer to a jam jar and pop into the fridge.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- In another bowl, mix the ground almonds, baking powder and cacao powder.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry and mix together until well combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and then flatten them gently onto the tray. Use your thumb to make a well in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the back of a teaspoon to re-enforce the well in the centre.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, spoon the chia seed jam into the centre of each cookie.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg