28 Apr Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
Posted at 11:18h in Baking, Batch Cooking, Bread, Family Friendly, Freezer Friendly, Irish, Snacks 0 Comments
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
This healthy chocolate banana bread is the ultimate guilt-free sweet treat. We guarantee you'll come back to this recipe time and time again.
Servings: 14 slices
- 240 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 bananas over-ripe
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 150 g natural yogurt
- 50 g 90% dark chocolate
- 25 g pecan nuts chopped
- 2 tsp chia seed
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Grease a loaf baking tin.
- In one bowl, mix together the wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the bananas, maple syrup, eggs and yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the readied baking tin. Flatten with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the pecan nuts and the chia seed on top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a metal skewer or knife come out clean from the centre of the loaf.
- To check to make sure the bread is fully cooked, insert a metal skewer or knife in the centre of your bread. If it comes out clean, it’s cooked. If it’s a little doughy, pop it back in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Double up – this bread is so good and easy to make…why not make a second loaf for your freezer (slice before you freeze).
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg