28 Apr Almond Crusted Chicken
Posted at 11:07h in Dinner, Family Friendly, Irish, Lunch, Post Workout Dinner, Post Workout Lunch, Pre Workout Dinner, Pre Workout Lunch, Quick & Easy 0 Comments
This almond crusted chicken is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes ever!
I love almond crusted chicken for a few reasons:
- It’s a healthy version of a chicken goujon…in my past food life, I was a goujon fiend…I ate them at home, in restaurants, at parties – you name it. If there was a chicken goujon floating around you can be sure I would seek it out. This is my version of a healthy chicken goujon. I use real chicken fillet. The “breadcrumb” is a mixture of almond flour, almonds and seasoning. The combination is delicious.
- Always a bonus – it’s a 10 out of 10 from the kids so very family-friendly (unless you have a nut allergy in the house, of course).
- Very versatile – you can cook a double portion and have them in a salad for lunch the next day – works great as leftovers.
Almond Crusted Chicken
A healthy version of chicken tenders – baked instead of fried and coated in an almond crumb…but every bit as delicious!
- 2 chicken breast cut into chunks
- 25 g almond flour
- 70 g almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp paprika
- 25 g parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 15 ml milk of choice 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Grease a baking tray with a little oil.
- Add the almond flour, almonds, salt, pepper, paprika and parmesan cheese to a blender or food processor. Pulse 4-6 times until the almonds are in small pieces. Don't over process as the almonds will release their oils. When you’re finished pulsing, pour the crumb onto a plate.
- In a separate bowl, crack the egg and add milk. Whisk together well.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time, dip the chicken into the egg, turning to ensure all sides are covered. Then place it on the plate with the coating. Turn the chicken and make sure all sides are well coated.
- Place the chicken on the readied baking tray and repeat this process with the remaining chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- This is a pre workout meal.
- Add a portion of healthy carbohydrates to this meal to make it a post workout meal.
- Serve with some green beans or a mixed salad (not included in the nutritional content).
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 962mg | Potassium: 740mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 537IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 294mg | Iron: 3mg